Today is a great day to open your eyes to the blessings that fill your life. From the morning coffee or tea, a quite break in the middle of the day, to the people who fill your life – focusing on what you have, rather than what you have-not, elevates your mood, attitude, and vibrational level. Feeling gratitude feels good, so do it, and do it often!
And speaking of feeling good, one of the most fundamental things you can do to feel good, right now, is to listen to and honor your needs. Putting yourself first doesn’t make you selfish, in truth, caring for your own needs ensures that you have enough to give to others… It’s just like that quote, “you can’t pour from an empty cup.” Check out this week’s post, 3 Ways to Honor Your Needs for some inspiration on caring for yourself (and how to include your journal too!)
Weekly journaling prompts and self-coaching exercises have moved and are now included in my weekly blog posts! Which means all the inspiration, encouragement, and tools you need to motivate your journaling practice are in one handy, and once weekly, location! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, and Subscribe to stay up to date with my latest posts!
As for today, here is my ten count gratitude list, Ten Things of Thankful:
1. A Full Week. Having a full schedule keeps me moving, energized, and building momentum. As much as I love (and need) my re-charging time, I also get a little squirrely when I have too much free time on my hands. I’m the first to admit, I’m not the best rest-er. Can you relate?
2. Yoga. Aaaannnddddd yoga saved me from getting too busy this week. It’s all about BALANCE. I am blessed to have free yoga available to me at work, inspiring teachers, and enough time in the week to take advantage of the opportunity! Big thank you!!
3. Challenges (I guess….). When feeling especially exasperated with current challenges in my life, there is this deep (very deep) voice somewhere in my heart that says this is a good thing, that someday I will feel grateful for enduring these tough transitions and overcoming. Somewhere (I think) there is part of me that is sure of the other side grateful for the journey… “The only way out is through.”
4. Opportunity. Those opportunities I was manifesting in last week’s High Five Friday – they’re popping up!
5. A Beautiful Hike in Sedona. Beautiful, magical, Sedona: the healing and rushing waters of Oak Creek, ancient, mystic rocks, sunshine and cool air. Trail therapy is powerful.
6. An Afternoon Off. A whole afternoon to myself also brought balance to my very full week. I enjoyed writing, tea and coffee, and a good book. Have you read The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks?
7. That the AC in my car is indeed working. Had a bit of a scare on a 95 degree afternoon… but it seems to be working on it’s own now (user error? TBD). But I am grateful to have transportation, independence, and to arrive at work not looking like I ran there.
8. Springtime in Maine. I’m not in Maine, I’m in Arizona, but I am grateful to have memories of what spring time is like after a long winter. I think of it a lot this time of year; the smell of wet dirt, bright green grass popping up, bird song, and the long-anticipated warmth of sunshine.
9. YOU. As always, you made the list. ♥ Thank you for being here, supporting me, reading my words, and joining me on the journey.
10. A New Day. Every morning, we wake with the opportunity to make it a good day, to feel good, to see our blessings, to LIVE this life. It is a gift, and as long as we choose to see it that way, it will feel like one.
Begin your journaling practice with “What am I Thankful For?”
Sending you feel good blessings!